Dr. Andrea Natale’s comments referable to the unique features of the SiteSeal closure device in closing multiple sheaths utilized during Electro Physiology (EP) procedures.
“I had the opportunity to evaluate a new EP closure device, SiteSeal, that closes multiple sheaths within a single vessel while leaving nothing behind in the vessel, vessel wall or surrounding soft tissues. I decided to do a comparison study between SiteSeal and the closure device I was presently utilizing. The comparison evaluated safety, efficacy, complications, patient comfort and cost. Fifty patients per each device were compared.
- Improved patient comfort. Immediate head elevation to 30 degrees with no restriction to leg movement.
- Early ambulation. 30 minutes to one hour depending on sheath size.
- Nothing left behind. No collagen plugs.
- No significant complications.
- Significant cost savings. One SiteSeal for multiple sheaths. One comparative device for each sheath.
Based on the evaluation of comparison study, I plan to use SiteSeal in my practice.”
-Andrea Natale, Executive Medical Director, Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute, Austin Texas